Building Strong Families
Parents of children and teenagers are "going it alone," without the support, encouragement, and networks that would make it easier to overcome the daily challenges of parenting, according to a poll of 1,005 parents by YMCA of the USA and Search Institute. Jolene Roehlkepartain, along with her colleagues, discovered these five key findings from the poll:
- Most parents surveyed are going it alone.
- Many parents interviewed lack a strong relationship with a spouse or a partner.
- A majority of parents surveyed feel successful as parents most of the time.
- Most parents polled face ongoing challenges.
- Many things these parents say would help them as parents are easy thing others can do.